Copyright Badger Fisherman's League. All rights reserved.
BADGER FISHERMAN’S LEAGUE
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
The purpose of the BFL Scholarship Award is to provide a college scholarship to individuals who have shown a career interest in the Conservation of our Natural Resources. To receive a scholarship you must be a new student or a full-time undergraduate student in one of the following majors: Environmental Technology and Management, Forest Management, Natural Resources, Water Resources, Fisheries, Wildlife and Conservation Biology or Environmental Engineering.
One scholarship award is available in an amount up to $1000 annually. Awards are for one year only, but recipients may re-apply annually. All scholarship awards will be paid directly to the University or College of choice in two installments. $500 will be sent on or before August 1 and another $500 will be sent on or before January 1 provided the applicant is still in school and is in good standing.
1) Applicants must be full-time students attending a 2 or 4-year accredited technical school, college or university.
2) Applicants must be majoring in a field of Conservation of our Natural Resources.
3) Applicants must have completed high school by the time the award is received.
4) Applicants must be US citizens and residents of Wisconsin.
The BFL Scholarship Award is awarded without regard to race, sex, religion, age, national origin or sexual orientation. BFL will not award a scholarship to applicants who are not qualified and reserves the right not to award a scholarship in a given year.
1) Demonstrated or expressed interest in conservation related education
2) Application Form
3) Letters of Recommendation
4) Academic Standing (minimum required cumulative GPA of 2.50)
To be considered for a BFL Scholarship Award, applicants must complete an application and return it to the BFL by April 14th, 2017.
The application must include the following:
1) A completed application form. Only completed application forms will be considered.
2) Three letters of recommendation with at least one from a teacher or school official where you attended high school or are attending college.
3) An official high school transcript.
*All three of the above items must be submitted before the application will be considered complete.
Submission of the Application Form
The application form is a fillable Word Document. Fill it out completely electronically, then "Save a Copy". Note the application requires a signature. You may provide an electronic signature, or print out the completed application, sign it and either scan it as a pdf or mail to the address listed below.
For the education and career goals, academic honors awards and membership activities and your community service activities, hobbies, outside interests you may use the page included in this application form or attach a separate page. Type your paragraph here.